more info

American Retirees Abroad

Many Americans are finding it increasingly attractive to move abroad for their retirement. The cost of living is lower, quality of medical care is often high and climate more favorable - Costa Rica is the new Boca Raton!

There are, however, important tax considerations that you must take into account before and while you execute your foreign retirement. The United States requires its citizens to report their worldwide income annually - regardless of where they reside. Your income may come from a variety of sources - including domestic and foreign investments, real estate, pensions and retirement plans - all of which must be correctly accounted for in the tax return.

This is where you can rely on our expertise - as we’ve helped hundreds of Americans plan and file their US tax returns from abroad.

Further Reading

  1. Expat Return & Foreign Retirement Accounts
  2. Foreign Pension in USA
  3. Can you collect Social Security payments if you retire abroad?
  4. How your future retirement tax bracket affects today’s Roth IRA decisions
  5. Retirement savings plans and planning