Free Introductory Phone Consultation
We offer a free Introductory Phone Consultation with one of our tax advisors on the phone (up to 30 minutes). You will have a chance to discuss your situation and how we can help you, what information we'd need to proceed, how our process works, etc.
The service is free - but will require a $50 retainer towards our tax preparation fees.
Anybody with an account in our system (the Signup is free and takes 3 minutes) can order it via a link in their Client Home area.
The Initial Phone Consultation is free but requires a $50 retainer towards tax preparation services.
Subsequent phone consultations would cost $50.
- Login your Client Home.
- Click ‘Phone Consultation’ in the left-hand sidebar.
- Pick the date / time from the calendar showing available time slots.
- Pay the $50 retainer (it will show up as credit in your account thereafter).
- Provide overview of situation / questions you want to go over during the consultation.
You can only order the consultation at least one day in advance. This means that you can’t just order it in an hour – as that does not leave sufficient time for us to prepare for the call.
This is a good option for clients who are new to TFX, plan to have us prepare their return and want to discuss their situation on the phone before we begin.
- Deciding on optimal method of filing (how many years to file, if they should file / qualify for the Streamlined Procedure, etc).
- How to complete our Tax Questionnaire. Ie if any questions are unclear or they are not sure how to input certain items of income / expense.
- What documents we’ll need to proceed
- How long the process should take
- How to report spouse and their income
6. What if I just want to speak to someone to find out about your process and ask general questions that are not tax specific, before I know that I’d like to have you work on my case? Can I speak with someone without paying the $50 retainer?
If you have general questions about how we work, etc. you can schedule a call with a member of customer service staff who can help you get started. There are a number of ways to set this up:
- You can call us directly on +1-646-EXPAT-US (but please bear in mind that we are a small company and don’t operate a huge call center, so your call may go to voicemail).
- You can request a callback from www.taxesforexpats.com/contact.html.
- Or you could email us at [email protected] and we will set up a call at a mutually convenient time.
7. What if I have high-level tax planning questions, do you offer a consultation service where we could have them answered?
If you are not looking to have us actually work on your return but want to discuss your situation with an expert, we offer a different venue.
The Tax Director Consultation service is offered by the company Founder and President, Mrs. Zemelman. It is suited for people who are not our clients and have general questions about US taxes. It carries a higher price tag ($250 for 30 minutes) and aims to answer a different set of questions (pls see link above for the types of questions that would be appropriate to cover).
Any kind of tax planning or complex tax advisory can only be handled in the context of a Tax Director Consultation with Mrs. Zemelman.