Reviews 4,000+ verified REVIEWS
Pricing plans
Compare all plans
Tax guide
Pricing plans
Compare all plans
Tax Guide
All articles

Common international or foreign tax IRS forms

Below we outline the common International or Foreign Tax forms used by the IRS. To learn about our tax services for expatriates please click on the following link: Tax Services for U.S. Expatriates.

Form number Tax form title / location
56 Notice concerning fiduciary relationship
673 Expatriates use this form to reduce withholding on their US W2
709 United States gift (and Generation skipping transfer) tax return
720 Quarterly federal excise tax return
926 Return by U.S. transfer of property to a foreign corporation
1040 - Sched. B Information concerning foreign accounts or trusts
1040 NR U.S. non-resident alien income tax return
1116 Foreign tax credit - Individual, estate or trust
1118 Foreign tax credit - corporations
1120-F U.S. income tax return for a foreign corporation
2555 Individual foreign earned income exclusion
3520 Annual return to report transactions with foreign trusts and receipt of certain foreign gifts
3520-A Annual information return of a foreign trust with a U.S. owner
5471 Information return of U.S. persons with respect to certain foreign corporations
5472 Information return of foreign-owned U.S. or foreign corporation engaged in a U.S. trade or business
8621 Return by U.S. shareholder of a passive foreign investment company or qualified electing fund
8804-8805 Annual return for partnership withholding tax (Section 1446) and foreign partner's information statement of section 1446 withholding tax.
8832 Entity classification election
8833 Treaty based return position disclosure under section 6114 or 7701(b)
8854 Expatriation information return for those giving up US citizenship or surrendering their permanent residency.
8858 Information Return for U.S. person with respect to disregarded entities
8865 Return of U.S. persons with respect to certain foreign partnerships
8873 Extraterritorial income exclusion
8938 Currently in preliminary (draft) stage. Will be required in 2012 if you have over $50,000 in foreign financial assets - that includes foreign stocks, bank accounts, rental property, etc.
TDF 90-22.1 Report of foreign bank and financial accounts

Taxes for Expats are experts at preparing international, expatriate and nonresident U.S. income tax and international information returns. Let us help you prepare your US Tax Return. If you are required to and fail to file many of the forms listed above you could be liable substantial penalties including criminal prosecution.

Email or call us for immediate assistance. We can prepare these forms for you even if your existing tax accountant or preparer does not know how to do it. You would then include the necessary form with your existing return as prepared by your regular tax preparer.